Tuesday, January 11, 2011

31 weeks

     The holidays are over. Christmas is not my favorite holiday by any means. I find the whole present giving and recieving awkward and uncomfortable. I don't like to give people gifts they pretend to enjoy and I don't like pretending to like things I get. But, this year went well. I know I got Josh something he would love, and I was excited to give it to him. I ordered it right after Thanksgiving, that's how on top of things I was. It was a mechanic bike stand. And, he does love it. He set it up in his man cave and has been on a shopping spree of sorts with bike parts. I'm glad he has a hobby he enjoys. He works too damn much not to have something fun to play around with when he's home.
      He got me a bunch of great things this year. An awesome new camera for all those new baby pictures I'll want to take. A set of pearl earrings that he wrote were from the baby on the gift tag and a pearl ring from him. I've been wanting one forever and I love it. He got it from the same jeweler where we designed my engagment ring. I love that place. He and his wife have a home in Sri Lanka where they travel periodically to buy precious gems, and their diamonds come from Canada. She creates the jewelry and he sells it. Beautiful stuff: with really thick bands and strong settings, heirloom quality.
     My doctors appointment after all the holiday food binges was not pretty. I gained 10 lbs in two weeks. That's awful. My next appoitment is tomorrow and I haven't lost any of it. Atleast I haven't gained anymore though. My appetite is back. In the first trimester I was ravenous. I didn't have morning sickness, but I felt like I was starving constantly, to the point of tears. So when alot of other pregnant women are throwing up and losing weight I was gaining and gaining. The second trimester, things went back to normal and I was eating the same amounts that I did before pregnancy. I was doing great. Now, I'm hungry in full force again and I'm just hoping I don't gain a mizillion pounds. I was a skinny girl to begin with. Too skinny probably. Ethiopian, according to my dad. After pregnancy, I wouldn't be too sad if I weighed a bit more than I did before, but I definitely don't want to be huge and depressed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment